This clever recipe is a tasty substitute for smoked salmon! Enjoy this carrot-based "salmon" on crackers, bread, or bagels with our yummy Vegan Cream Cheese Spread!
1 tablespoons of liquid smoke or 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
1 sheet nori paper, ripped into small shreds
1 cup water
1. Using the wide slot on a grater or a vegetable peeler, peel raw carrots until long strips.
2. Lightly steam carrots in a pot on the stovetop, or in a microwave safe dish with a small amount of water. You can totally skip cooking as well if you'd like a raw vegan version!
3. Whisk soy sauce, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, water and nori sheet pieces together and place in an airtight container with carrot strips.
4. Place in the fridge and leave to marinate for at least 3 hours but ideally overnight for the most flavor.
5. Serve on crackers, breads, or bagels with chives and dill!
Feel welcome to share this recipe on Pinterest & Faceook!
Want help improving your health and losing weight on a plant-based diet? Explore our eBooks!
Fruit. Fat. Forage. is a 5 day raw food cleanse designed for detoxification and rapid weight loss! Read testimonies here.
The MicroVore Diet is a 14 day (and beyond) plan that contains micronutrient-rich and macro-balanced recipes for health and steady weight loss! Read testimonies here.
Thanks for living vegan and have a healthy day!