Missing tuna sandwiches on a vegan diet? Here's a healthy and tasty alternative that'll hit the spot!
1 15 oz can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 celery stalks, chopped
1/4 red onion, diced
Salt, pepper and dried dill, to taste
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp water
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp dulse flakes
1 large date, remove pit and soak in hot water for 10 minutes
1 garlic clove
1. Add the garbanzo beans in a blender or food processor and process until chunky.
2. Transfer the beans to a large mixing bowl and add the celery and onion.
3. Make the “mayo” by adding all of the sauce ingredients to the blender or food processor and blending until creamy and smooth (be sure to remove the date's pit before blending).
4. Add 3-4 tablespoons of the “mayo” to the bean mixture and mix well.
5. Add salt, pepper and dried dill to taste.
6. Spread the rest of the “mayo” on some slices of bread or toast.
Want some yummy vegan bread recipes? Try our 2 Ingredient Quinoa Bread, and our Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Bread!
Feel welcome to share this recipe on Pinterest & Facebook!
Want help improving your health and losing weight on a plant-based diet? Explore our eBooks!
Fruit. Fat. Forage. is a 5 day raw food cleanse designed for detoxification and rapid weight loss! Read testimonies here.
The MicroVore Diet is a 14 day (and beyond) plan that contains micronutrient-rich and macro-balanced recipes for health and steady weight loss! Read testimonies here.
Thanks for living vegan and have a healthy day!