This vegan mac n' cheese recipe is creamy, healthy and oh so cheesy!
Here is a YouTube video tutorial for the "Vegan Cheese That Melts!" recipe! You can subscribe to my channel here if you want!
"Vegan Cheese That Melts!" Ingredients
½ cup hemp seeds (my favorite brand here)
1 cup water
1/2 cup of carrots, chopped and steamed
3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons tapioca starch (also known as tapioca flour)
2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
+ Several cups of cooked pasta of your choice!
1. Steam carrots in a pot on the stove or in a microwave.
2. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth.
3. Pour into a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, and continually stir as it cooks. After about 5 minutes of stirring it will become a cheesy gooey mass.
4. Continue to cook and stir for an additional minute to make sure it has firmed up completely.
5. Add to your favorite kind of pasta and enjoy!
6. Store extra cheese sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Feel welcome to share this recipe on Pinterest & Facebook!
Want to improve your health and lose weight on a plant-based diet? Explore our eBooks!
Fruit. Fat. Forage. is a 5 day raw food cleanse designed for detoxification and rapid weight loss! Read testimonies here.
The MicroVore Diet is a 14 day (and beyond) plan that contains micronutrient-rich and macro-balanced recipes for health and steady weight loss! Read testimonies here.
Thanks for living vegan and have a healthy day!