These cute little vegan rice krispie pumpkins are a healthy option to make with your kids or a clever treat to bring to a Halloween party!
6 cups Rice Krispie cereal (or another brand of puffed rice)
3 tbs vegan butter (ie. Earth Balance)
10 oz vegan marshmallows (ie. Dandies All Natural Vegan Marshmallows)
1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/8 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Sliced pecans (or break whole ones yourself)
Small oregano leaves
1. Melt your butter in a large sauce pan over low heat.
2. Add marshmallows and stir continually until melted
3. Remove from heat and add the pumpkin puree, turmeric, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. Mix in the Rice Krispies.
5. Form small balls into the shape of a pumpkin (Tip: grease hands lightly with olive or coconut oil to prevent batter sticking to fingers)
6. Stick a piece of pecan on top of each ball for the "stem."
7. Attach an oregano leaf (or similarly sized herb) beside the stem.
Want to try this recipe? Snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @savannastanhope if you do, I love to see your creations!