Vegan "Chicken" Nuggets
These chicken-flavored tofu nuggets are a healthy high protein add-on for salads, sandwiches, wraps, pasta, soups -- the possibilities are limitless!
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 block (350 grams) extra-firm tofu, drained
Pinch of black pepper (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 375F (190C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, soy sauce and lemon juice.
3. Break the block of tofu into small bite sized chunks and add them to the bowl.
4. Toss the tofu well to evenly coat in the flavor mixture.
5. Spread the tofu evenly across the baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring halfway through, until lightly golden.
6. Serve immediately, store in an air-tight container in the fridge, or freeze to use later.
Want to try this recipe? Snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @savannastanhope if you do, I love to see your creations!