Today I am going show you how to make this delicious vegan ranch bowl following the MicroVore Meal Formula. This is a little graphic I created to help people make meals rich in nutrients and balanced in carbs, fat, and protein. With this formula we are trying to meet 3 goals:
1) choose very nutritious foods that have a lot of vitamins and minerals
2) get a balance of carbs fat and protein in meal to make it both energizing and satisfying
3) make it taste really good, because we all want that!!
Feel welcome to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more healthy vegan recipes!
VEGAN RANCH DRESSING
1/4 cup hemp seeds
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dill weed
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1/8 tsp sea salt
Splash of water
Blend until smooth.
VEGAN "CHICKEN" NUGGETS
These chicken-flavored tofu nuggets are a healthy high protein add-on for salads, sandwiches, wraps, pasta, soups -- the possibilities are limitless!
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 block (350 grams) extra-firm tofu, drained
Pinch of black pepper (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 375F (190C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, soy sauce and lemon juice.
3. Break the block of tofu into small bite sized chunks and add them to the bowl.
4. Toss the tofu well to evenly coat in the flavor mixture.
5. Spread the tofu evenly across the baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring halfway through, until lightly golden.
6. Serve immediately, store in an air-tight container in the fridge, or freeze to use later.
Want to try this recipe? Snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @savannastanhope if you do, I love to see your creations!