Here's an easy recipe for gluten free and vegan banana bread I recently made using rice and bananas!
I ground whole white rice into flour myself, but using white rice flour from the store will also work, as would brown rice I suspect.
This recipe contains cane sugar and coconut oil. I enjoy using these ingredients from time to time, but I plan on experimenting with whole plant foods to eventually substitute.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please take a photo if you try it and let me know what you think on instagram @savannastanhope.
1 1⁄2 cups white or brown rice flour
1⁄4 cup raw cane sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3⁄4 cup plant-based milk
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1⁄2 cup coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease a 9 inch baking tin or layer with parchment paper.
2. Mix rice flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together milk, mashed bananas, and oil in a separate bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing batter thoroughly. 5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Cool in pan 5 minutes, before turning out on rack to finish cooling.
Want help getting healthy and losing weight on your plant-based diet? Explore my meal plans!
Fruit. Fat. Forage. is a 5 day raw food cleanse designed for detoxification and rapid weight loss! Read testimonies here.
The MicroVore Diet is a 14 day (and beyond) plan that contains micronutrient-rich and macro-balanced recipes for health and steady weight loss! Read testimonies here.