This homemade paleo jerky is sweet, salty, smoky and makes an easy high-protein snack. I made up a batch for our upcoming road trip to Florida (from Maine) and it came out perfect! Hope you enjoy!
2-3 pounds of beef eye of the round
1/2 cup coconut aminos
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp chili powder
1. Mix marinade ingredients together in a plastic container. Thick plastic bags may also be used.
2. Slice meat into 1/4 inch thick slices.
3. Massage marinade into meat slices.
4. Refrigerate overnight for maximum flavor.
5. Transfer slices into a dehydrator and dry for 8-12 hours at 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Store in an airtight bag or container and keep for 2-3 weeks.