Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Here's a vegan twist on a chocolate favorite! Since this recipe contains refined sugar and oil, we suggest having these delicious peanut butter chocolate cups as a special dessert or treat once in a while! For super healthy and detoxifying raw vegan recipes, check out our Fruit. Fat. Forage. Recipe Book!
4 pitted medjool dates (the brand I buy)
1⁄3 cup of melted coconut oil
3⁄4 cup cacao powder
3 tablespoons peanut butter (natural: oil/sugar/salt-free)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
1. Combine dates and coconut oil in a small bowl and let soak for 30 minutes.
2. Transfer to blender and add cocoa powder and maple syrup and process until very smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, vanilla and 2 tbsp agave and mix well.
4. Place 12 foil muffin cups on a large plate. Fill each cup about a quarter full with the chocolate mixture. Gently spread about 1 teaspoon peanut butter in each cup.
5. Top the cups with the remaining chocolate, covering the peanut butter completely.
6. Chill the cups in the freezer for an hour before serving. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Feel welcome to share this recipe on Facebook & Pinterest!
Want help getting healthy and losing weight on your plant-based diet? Explore our eBooks!
Fruit. Fat. Forage. is a 5 day raw food cleanse designed for detoxification and rapid weight loss! Read testimonies here.
The MicroVore Diet is a 14 day (and beyond) plan that contains micronutrient-rich and macro-balanced recipes for health and steady weight loss! Read testimonies here.
Thanks for living vegan and have a healthy day!