Ooey gooey stretchy vegan cheese that melts!? Let me at it!! Enjoy on pasta and vegan pizza!
Here is a YouTube video tutorial I made for this recipe! You can subscribe to my channel here if you want!
½ cup hemp seeds (my favorite brand!)
1 cup water
1/2 cup of carrots, chopped and steamed
3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons tapioca starch (also known as tapioca flour)
2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1. Steam carrots in a pot on the stove or in a microwave.
2. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth.
3. Pour into a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, and continually stir as it cooks. After about 5 minutes of stirring it will become a cheesy gooey mass.
4. Continue to cook and stir for an additional minute to make sure it has firmed up completely.
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Here's a gallery of several recipes I've made using this cheese!
This stretchy delicious cheese is a feature ingredient in our Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Vegan Mac N' Cheese, and 2 Ingredient Pizza Crust recipes!
Want to try this recipe? Snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @savannastanhope if you do, I love to see your creations!