This delicious vegan grilled cheese sandwich features our popular "Vegan Cheese That Melts!" recipe between two golden grilled slices of bread! YUM!
2-3 tablespoons of our "Vegan Cheese That Melts!" (see below)
2 slices of bread (need gluten-free bread? Try our 2 Ingredient Quinoa Bread or Easy GF Sandwich Bread)
Vegan butter (optional)
Here's a YouTube video tutorial I made for the "Vegan Cheese That Melts" recipe! You can subscribe to my channel here!
"Vegan Cheese That Melts!" Recipe
½ cup hemp seeds (my favorite brand here)
1 cup water
1/2 cup of carrots, chopped and steamed
3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons tapioca starch (also known as tapioca flour)
2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1. Steam carrots in a pot on the stove or in a microwave.
2. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth.
3. Pour into a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, and continually stir as it cooks. After about 5 minutes of stirring it will become a cheesy gooey mass.
4. Continue to cook and stir for an additional minute to make sure it has firmed up completely.
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
6. Butter two slices of bread, add 2-3 tablespoons of the cheese mixture inside, and cook on a pan over medium heat until golden brown. Flip and grill the other side!
7. Store extra cheese in an air tight container for up to a week.
Enjoy with on it's own, or with a healthy soup or salad!
Feel welcome to share this recipe on Pinterest & Facebook!
Want help improving your health and losing weight on a plant-based diet? Explore our eBooks!
Fruit. Fat. Forage. is a 5 day raw food cleanse designed for detoxification and rapid weight loss! Read testimonies here.
The MicroVore Diet is a 14 day (and beyond) plan that contains micronutrient-rich and macro-balanced recipes for health and steady weight loss! Read testimonies here.
Thanks for living vegan and have a healthy day!