If you were a fan of our famous 2 Ingredient Quinoa Bread recipe you will love this variation using buckwheat! Rich in protein and nutrients, this gluten-free bread is perfect for sandwiches, snacks, pizza crust, and a side to any meal!
Here is a video tutorial I made for this bread! You can subscribe to my YouTube channel here if you want!
1 cup of buckwheat groats (my favorite brand)
1 cup of water
Herbs, spices, and salt if desired (1 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tablespoon agave nectar used in video)
1. Preheat oven to 425 F if skipping the soaking method.
2. Rinse buckwheat and add to a blender or food processor with 1 cup of water (optional: soak overnight to increase nutrient availability.)
3. Add your favorite herbs and spices, salt, and sweetener if desired.
4. Blend until a pancake batter consistency is reached.
5. Pour batter onto a parchment paper covered circular pan and spread the mixture evenly with a spatula.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and flip over, bake for another 5-10 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
8. Let cool, cut into slices, and top with your favourite spread!
NOTE: if using as a pizza crust, add toppings after fully baked, reduce temperature to 350 F and bake until toppings are soft (~10 minutes).
Feel welcome to share this recipe on Pinterest and Facebook!
Want help improving your health and losing weight on a plant-based diet? Explore our eBooks!
Fruit. Fat. Forage. is a 5 day raw food cleanse designed for detoxification and rapid weight loss! Read testimonies here.
The MicroVore Diet is a 14 day (and beyond) plan that contains micronutrient-rich and macro-balanced recipes for health and steady weight loss! Read testimonies here.
Thanks for living vegan and have a healthy day!